Friday, June 8, 2007

Why Do Nikonians Suck?

Well first of all, if you are a member of the website www.nikonians.org, it is likely that you do not suck. But, I am sad to report, the organization that runs www.nikonians.org probably does suck.

I have been booted off www.nikonians.org at least 3 times since September 2006. Why? They actually never say. My account is simply deleted along with most of my posts.

My suspected crime (again I don't know for sure): I occasionally say some uncomplimentary things about Nikon Products. For the most part, Nikon makes great stuff. I own at least $5000 worth of it. But some products, like the 12-24mm DX lens, are not very good.

I know one thing: I have never said bad things about www.nikonians.org users. I just give my honest opinion about Nikon Products. That appears to be grounds for banishment.

My Latest offense: I found that the $1000 Nikon 12-24mm DX lens I bought was a dud. When I returned it to the store and got another copy I found that lens was also a dud. So I posted my images here and my findings on www.nikonians.org.

What did I get for my trouble? User JackAubrey was permanently deleted from www.nikonians.org.

No warning. No explanation... No problem! I will repost my findings here over the next few days.

So why did I start this blog? To simply remind people that www.nikonians.org is biased. Sure, you already knew that from the name. But I think it is important to recognize that some information is being deleted without warning. Information that could help you make better buying decisions.

Before you spend $1000's on Nikon gear, check around to make sure your are getting the whole picture. Please don't believe everything you read on Nikonians.

For example: There are many bad reviews of the Nikon 12-24mm DX lens on the web. Just Google for them. The only thing is: you won't find any bad reviews of the Nikon 12-24mm DX lens on www.nikonians.org.

So who knows? You might even see some balanced coverage on this blog. I sure hope so.

Jack

3 comments:

thejedimaster said...

Jack, I'm glad I found this. I too think Nikonians sucks. Especially that Ahole Brian tilley he's a racist dick. If I ever saw him I would gladly kick his fat ass. He's the only who has a problem with everything everyone says. JRP and BO are both con artists only letting you be a member when you pay. They are only after money. Greedy aholes. It's all about the money..Non profit my ass!
The members are mostly cool. I left because I didn't want to pay. But more so because Some of the moderators are plain clueless Still good job Jack. Keep this site up. NIKONIANS GO FUCK YOURSELVES! BIASED RACIST ASSHOLES!

Unknown said...

I absolutely agree. What really bothers me is that they claim to be non profit but will not allow you to even view the forums without paying for a membership. They happily continue to email me newsletters packed full of advertising though.

Satanas said...

I agree 100% .
Nikonians moderators are a gang of idiots. They manage to cancel from the threads everything is different from their view (i.e. all from Nikon is wonderful...). If one show inherent defects or design flaws, then he is banned. The moron briantilley (a real ass-brained individual) edit and cancel every single sentence in the threads to follow his Nikon-fanatic mind... Che stronzi !